Greater Noida Authority contact details
Greater Noida is being developed as Metro centre providing for quality urban environment, to attract economic activities and population to decongest Delhi.
Set-up in January 1991 under the UP Industrial Area Development Act 1976 , provided the basic enabling framework for developing an efficient and integrated modern city with high service and delivery standards.
It provides for Planning, Developing, Regulating and Operations under a Single Authority – GNIDA.
– In Year 1991 total number villages notified were 101.
– In Year 1994 additional 23 number of villages were notified & total number was 124.
– In Year 2006 additional 188 villages were notified as development area for further Expansion of Greater Noida Area.
– Presently total number of villages notified with GNIDA and its expansion area are 293 after a few modifications as done by U.P. State Government.
Greater Noida City has the Critical Mass and Primate City characteristics as being part of a continuum of an Urban agglomeration:
* 5,075 Ha. already urbanized in Phase I
* Urbanizable area of 22,255 Ha. by year 2021
* City planned for a population of 0.7 million by year 2011 and 1.2 million by year 2021
* Industry led development – 4201 Ha. to be developed by 2021
* Residential development – 5000 Ha. to be developed by 2021
Greater Noida Notified Area – 38000 Ha Comprising of 124 villages.
* First Master Plan-2011 was prepared in 1992
* Outline Development Plan 2001 Approved by NCR Planning Board in 1996:
* 2 Sub-regional Centres Surajpur and Kasna
* Total Population 3.00 Lakh population (1.5 lakh each)
* Total Urbanisable area – 5075 Ha. (including UPSIDC area).